The days are getting shorter and temperature is dropping and suddenly those bright, zesty coloured cushions and pineapple ornaments just don’t seem appropriate anymore. As estate agents in central London, we like to keep our fingers firmly on the interior trends pulse so we thought we would give you our top five favourite fashions for your home this autumn and winter.3
- Dark blue; think velvet and satins in a deep indigo, or a luxurious throw in a sumptuous ink. Highlights of an ‘in colour’ can bring your property right up to date instantly …
- Shades of grey; there is nothing more chic than a mixture of soft greys in a variety of textures in one room. A light grey faux fur throw with contrasting dark grey cushions on a mid-grey sofa will give your property the ultimate edge this winter.
- Touches of marble; Subtle and elegant, marble has long been a key ingredient to any stylish home. This winter, it’s all about small accents – a marble clock mounted on a crisp white wall, chunky candle holders on a glass dining table. The key is not to overdo it, and keep your marble touches delicate and understated.
- Lamps; big lamps, small lamps, table lamps, floor lamps… the nights are drawing in and it’s getting darker earlier in the evening. Lamps are the perfect way to create the perfect lighting in any property. Use them to draw focus to feature furniture and highlight your accent colours. The trick to this trend is more is more; mix and match quirky industrial floor uplighters with traditional black iron table lamps.
- Metals; whilst metals have been trending for a while, they are still firmly in our top five winter trends – everything metal is where it’s at. Picture a brass 70s drinks trolley, reclaimed wooden side tables with iron legs, and copper bowls for your Christmas fruit and chestnuts. This is such a fun winter trend and is a super easy way to inject subtle colours and up to date interiors in to any property.